July 5-14, 2013 – Chick Corea, Cassandra Wilson, Bill Frisell and more
This weekend Copenhagen Jazz Festival revealed this year’s festival poster and also named the first batch of the headliners that will be performing this July. Already the outlines of the 35th edition of Copenhagen’s huge annual music celebration of all sorts of jazz, world, funk, avant-garde and a lot more are visible.
Copenhagen’s unique jazz history is a key factor in the exceptionally high level of the Copenhagen Jazz Festival, something that can be experienced at the historic jazz venues, theaters and many free open-air stages strategically located throughout the city. Together with Copenhagen’s record number of cafés and other venues, these stages create a unique atmosphere, bringing the city alive with jazz from early morning to late at night.
First headliners announced for Copenhagen Jazz Festival 2013:
- Chick Corea and the Vigil (US)
- Cassandra Wilson (US)
- Medeski Martin & Wood (US)
- David Murray Infinity Quartet featuring Macy Gray (US)
- Bill Frisell & The Big Sur Sextet (US)
- Marcus Miller (US)
- Charles Lloyd, Zakir Hussein & Eric Harland (US/IN)
- Branford Marsalis (US)
- Laura Mvula (UK)
- The full program will be published in the middle of May.